KISS Barriers give track operators a safe, low maintenance track barrier safety solution. Constructed from lightweight, tough, weather-resistant material, KISS Barriers are linked together with short locking pins made of inexpensive PVC tubing.
Each block is 39" in length, pin-to-pin. Stability for KISS Barriers is provided by an anchoring system that secures the linking pins into the track surface. On severe impacts the anchor pins bend or break away, slowing the vehicle down to minimize damage and injury. Afterwards, damaged pins can be easily replaced by one track marshal.
How many anchoring pins you use in a string of barriers depends on the amount of stability needed to provide the proper resistance. On straight-aways where less stability where is needed, you might only anchor every fourth pin. Conversely in sharp corners, anchoring every other pin will double the stability and provide additional protection.
In addition to permanent indoor kart tracks and outdoor kart tracks, KISS Barriers are also ideal for temporary racing circuits, where anchoring the pins is not feasible. These adjustable, easily configurable barriers use water or sand as ballast to adjustment the amount of stability needed for the best kart and driver protection — the more stability that is needed, the more water or sand you add.
For walls or immovable fences the barriers create a buffer between karts and the obstructions, improving race track safety and helping racers avoid injury. It is not uncommon during a high speed impact for the barriers to envelope karts. This keeps the kart from being thrown back onto the racing surface and potentially causing other collisions.
In developing the KISS Barriers, we conducted in-depth safety testing. This collision-impact research and analysis established the best barrier design dynamics. Testing at speeds ranging from 40 mph - 80 mph, these track safety studies helped determine the thickness of the barriers' polyethylene construction material.
Some distinct advantages to the KISS Safety Barrier Track System are:
* Size, our barriers are 22 inches tall and from pin hole to pin hole 39 inches in length.
* Our ribbed construction is stronger than non ribbed designs, with no detrimental effects to the karts.
* Our hollow design allows the use of ballast to keep the string in place as well as provide the optimum amount of resistance for impact energy absorption and dispersion.
* We use a PVC connecting pin, should that pin break you can replace it with supplies from your local hardware store
* One of the unforeseen costs associated with barrier systems is downtime. With our system barrier replacement is just minutes, where as other systems can take much longer due to their complicated connection systems.
* Dimensions 22 inch high x 39 inch wide (pin to pin)x 16 inch D, Weight approx 29 lbs empty
*Due to it's size, this product may require additional freight, liftgate and unloading charges.